Thursday, July 1, 2010

Meg's Yellow and Black Hair and Topless Cartwheels

  • my white mohair dress with black velvet trim I wore to Eileen's wedding - my first lined dress
  • straw Easter shoes with little baskets at the toe
  • burgundy patent leather Easter shoes
  • forgotten shoes for Church left at the shore, having to sit with my feet tucked under a chair
  • brown paper bag packed for a weekend getaway in the spring and fall - heading to Cape May
  • returning to school with "yellow and black" hair - it was sunbleached but a classmate didn't know that
  • blisters on my nose and shoulders, peeling them all summer long
  • hand-me down bathing suits I coveted, even though they were too big
  • borrowing rafts and skim boards from girls and boys who had them and never returning them til 5pm
  • cartwheeling on the hard sand and losing my top every now and again - weeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment