Sunday, July 4, 2010

Little Miss Karen Sits on a Pile of Laundry Eating Her Pie Away

  • Carroll Villa and the linen closet when I was 15 - Mr Thoden baked his special pies in the morning and placed them out on a long butcher block table in the kitchen and Katherine Gibbons and I would go down the back stairs, each take our favorite pie and hide it in the linen closet. When our shift was over, we would sit on a huge pile of laundry and eat our pie.
  • As a chambermaid, I loved to look at the clothes the female guests brought with them. I would imagine a whole story about the kind of life they led by the material of their clothes and the labels. Some were so different than any I had ever seen.
  • Jean Nate
  • Breathless Mist
  • Old Spice
  • Aqua Velvet
  • baby powder

No comments:

Post a Comment