Saturday, July 3, 2010

Karen Remembers - Mommy Has a Cowl

  • The Walking Mustache
  • Kakki reading my horoscope, with authority, at the kitchen table in Cape May
  • going to the photographer in Landsdowne to get our photo taken and getting everyone together so Mommy wouldn't know what was going on
  • going into town with Daddy to buy Mommy a blue plaid, cowl neck dress at Wanamaker's - I may have been in the 8th grade
  • standing on the sidewalk on Chester Pike when JFK rode through Sharon Hill
  • choir practice
  • lunch brought to high school...soggy white bread with lettuce, lunch meat, mayo and a tomato slice...the soggier the bread, the better the sandwich
  • the first spring trip to Cape May; when we reached the bridge, I could smell the ocean; when we approached Perry Street, I could smell the hedges.
  • Eileen and her boyfriends
  • Eileen and her Christmas and birthday gifts
  • Eileen and her hand-me-downs - to me

No comments:

Post a Comment