Saturday, July 3, 2010

Maureen, Elvis and The Michelin Man

  • Elvis concert, 1971 - Meg, Honora, and I took Grandmother. Grandmother danced in her seat and was the happiest I ever knew her to be - she loved Elvis.
  • Elvis concert Colleen and I attended - we had front row seats and were given notes to meet the King backstage and chickened out - I was one of the fortunate ones  he handed a scarf to from the stage - I still have it - anyone wanna buy it?
  • jump rope - fudge fudge tell the judge Momma had a newborn baby almost every year
  • eating a cheesesteak for the first time and vowing to be rich so I could eat one every day for the rest of my life
  • snowsuits -my arms stuck straight out and I looked like the Michelin Man - an arctic wind wouldn't have penetrated those snowsuits
  • basketball hoop in the driveway - hoops after dinner
  • bike with one pedal and faulty brakes - Geronimo with a Beware sign!
  • awnings on Kenny Avenue - the first sign of summer
  • Eileen sending us University of Miami decals every time we asked, no matter how many times we asked - go girl!

No comments:

Post a Comment