Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Maureen, The Soldier, and The Convertible Dryer

  • Daddy's drawing of the Carousel for me and Colleen in first grade. It was so beautiful. I wish we still had it.
  • Dress for junior prom - brown chiffon, funnel neck, blue shoes
  • Dress for senior prom - brown velveteen, blue shoes from the junior prom. White ruffle blouse that was ironed and starched for years until it fell apart. I loved that blouse.
  • Going to the seamstress for senior prom dresses on Catherine Street in South Philadelphia with Mommie - it was a scary place to go.
  • Marathon phone calls from Kevin Glenn that lasted for hours and hours.
  • Time with Kevin Glenn when he was on leave from the service.
  • Going to 30th Street Station with Kevin G, Colleen, Honora, Joanne and several others the day he left for the service. 
  • Weekend Kevin G home on leave in North Wildwood. Colleen, Honora, and Joanne drove around in a convertible to dry his clothers hanging off the back of the car.
  • Borrowing Karen's VW Bug
  • Rohm & Haas
  • Lunches with Karen in Center City on the 2nd floor of a drugstore on 15th or 18th at Chestnut
  • Lunches with Colleen at Univ of Penna - oh boy!
  • Mother Stephen Mary
  • Christmas Daddy took me to see Mother Stephen Mary after she left Holy Spirit. She was transferred to Philadelphia. I visited her. It was a rainy, rainy Christmas day but wonderful. Daddy waited in the lobby while she showed me around her new digs.
  • Going to Brockway with Colleen, Grandmother, and Daddy
  • The day some girl told me some boy thought I was cute! I was a freshman. Who knew!?
  • Changing seats in grade school. It felt like a whole new life when they gave us a new seat to sit in. I loved how that felt. A brand new perspective.
  • Western movies - I loved the sound of galloping horses.
  • Memorial Day - Cape May - beginning of my suntan
  • Music
  • Hats
  • Hurricanes in Cape May
  • Kelties Bookstore - Cape May
  • Shop in Cape May with the flowered canopy interior - Karen worked there. I think it's on her Favorites list
  • John F Kennedy
  • Camelot
  • Wizard of Oz
  • Gone With the Wind
  • Candyland
  • Collecting bottles on the beach
  • Rafts
  • Third floor
  • Lunch on the beach - pb & j - yum
  • Pretzels on the beach - yum, yum

No comments:

Post a Comment