Monday, June 28, 2010

Karen Saves Ten Cents a Day and Goes Dancing

  • the outfit I wore that New Year's Eve - black & white long skirt with fringe on the bottom, black lace turtleneck with long white pearls. The skirt was beautiful - woven - got my hair done at some sshmanzy shop on Walnut Street.
  • Rob's wedding
  • going to Boston with Eileen, Rice, and Jay
  • makeup
  • Christmas coloring books
  • dresses Colleen and Maureen wore - gray and brown? I have the picture in my mind.
  • Harry's All American Bar
  • Maureen's blue jaguar
  • Colleen's green batik dress
  • saving my milk money - 10 cents a day to make 50 cents to take the trolley to Chez Vous on Friday night
  • pansy watch Mr Tryder gave me
  • our first "adult party" on Secane Avenue
  • going to see Mary Poppins 1,000x's with Gerald - Jayne Aubin worked at the theatre and I would take Gerald to see it...wonder if this would be on his list?
  • spying on Eileen and Tommy Cook on the front porch on Perry Street
  • spying on Miss Dougherty (teacher at Holy Child who lived on Chester Pike) parked with her boyfriend on Kenny Avenue
  • soda and pretzels at Nana's
  • Horn & Hardarts

No comments:

Post a Comment